Bear Hugs Weighted Blanket 'Watercolor Mermaid'
Brand Bear Hugs Blankets
This Weighted Blanket features a super soft and cuddly cotton 'Watercolor Mermaid' top layer and your choice of minky backing.
(see sizing details below)
*** This custom order takes 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 weeks to be ready to ship***
Don't see exactly what you want? No problem! I love custom orders and am happy to work with you.
WHY WEIGHTED BLANKETS?
- Weighted blankets are a wonderful drug free tool for people with Autism, ADHD, Aspergers, Anxiety, Depression, Stress, PTSD, restless leg syndrome or any other sensory disorder. The weight of the blanket creates a soothing effect and can quickly calm the nerves of the child or adult.
- The weight of the blankets causes your brain to release endorphin and serotonin which aid in promoting restfulness and relaxation.
- Get a good nights sleep again! Weighted blankets provide a sense of comfort and security so people who struggle with sleeplessness can finally sleep soundly.
- All blankets are fully customizable including the fabric and weights so if you are not in love with this color combo, just message me to arrange for something special.
- I use non-toxic poly pellets or GLASS beads (as an upgrade) and each blanket is made with evenly divided pockets (or channels) to hold the pellets and keep your custom weight evenly distributed.
3 sizes available:
- SMALL this size is appropriate for a CHILD or could be used for focused pressure on the lap or leg area in adults. Many people get this size for RLS. Finished blanket is approximately 38x50 inches and would cover a child up to about 4'5.
- MEDIUM this size is the most popular as it offers a nice portable option to go from bed to couch with ease. Finished blanket is approximately 40x65 inches. This blanket cover from neck to toes on someone up to around 5'8.
- LARGE ideal for taller people, this blanket is approximately 40x 80 inches. About the same dimensions as the top of a twin size mattress. It works great for people up to about 7'1.
YOU SHOULD KNOW:
- All blankets are designed to hold up to normal use and are MACHINE WASHABLE. Tumble dry on low heat or hang to dry.
- Ideally, your blanket should be 10% of your body weight PLUS one more pound. For example: a 130 lb person should use a 14 lb weighted blanket. If you are unsure which one is best for you, please message me and I will be happy to help.
- It is HIGHLY recommended that you consult with your doctor or therapist before using any weighted product. This is for your safety and weighted products should only be used at the guidance of your doctor or therapist.